somewhat grumpy saturday shopping

grumpy bear
I'm a little bit of a grumpy bear today...

Technically there are about half a dozen other words I could put in place of grumpy, but it's the most convenient definition.

Ma was getting her hair did this morning, so I was on Solo Supermarket duty. And just getting to the supermarket didn't exactly help my mood since my car doesn't like my back and vice versa.

I was at the supermarket pretty early though, so at least that was a bonus... but then the helpful and efficient checkout girl that's been working for the past several weeks wasn't there today.

But I got to the supermarket just after 8, and was completely finished and on my way home but 8:45, even including a brief wander around Target.

And Ma didn't get to my place until around 11... so after unpacking and tidying the kitchen I literally walked around the kitchen for about an hour and a half reading The Lizzie Bennet Diaries.

When Ma finally did arrive we didn't have anything resembling a plan, and I wasn't really in the mood for much of anything, I didn't want to do things that involved spending money, I really didn't want to do anything that involved spending too much time in the car after last week... to be honest I wasn't really in the mood for much of anything, but I didn't want to just stay in.

Eventually we decided to just head into the city and have a wander along Rundle Street and the Mall. We did manage to snag a free carpark in the city because the parking meter was out of commission, so that was at least something.

But we pretty much just wandered all the way up Rundle Street and the Mall. We looked at Crumpler since Ma's been wanting to do that for a while, and we also poked around a few places because Ma wanted a new clock, but we pretty much came away empty handed.

On the way back to the car we stopped at Burger Theory for lunch and had the new Burger of the Month, the Dry (Cured) July... which is very tasty, although I didn't notice the handmade mustard as much as I did the horseradish mayo. I also tried the new milkshake made with frozen custard. And all I can say is roll on Summer when the Frozen Custard should be flowing slowly but freely.

So, yeah... that's really it for the day... I'm still a little grumpy/blue, but really, what are you gunna do?

Current Mood:

No comments: