photo saturday: frogger

Comedy poison frog cleric anyone? Actually I don't know to what level I'm capable of doing a "comedy" character. It's just not how I liked to play. But the idea of this little frog/Grung (the official frog-people race name) buddy has been floating around in my head for most of this week.

He's not necessarily on brand for what the Grung are supposed to look like, since they're very much inspired by the poison dart frogs, but I love me a red-eyed tree frog... so, we ended up with Dzi... or, as he's generally known, Dizzy. Who is 7 years old. Because a Grung is mature at 1 year old and dies at around 50. So he's a cleric of a trickery god, like his father before him, and his father before him.

The main reason I made a Grung a trickery cleric is that Grung had poisonous skin (hence the whole dart frog thing), and it seems like something a trickster would do to potentially poison you if he shakes your hand. On the downside, he also had to dunk himself in water once a day or he suffers a level of exhaustion. Thankfully clerics have the Create or Destroy Water spell. Is it practical? No. Does the overall concept amuse me? Yes.

Plus I like how he came out. I did change the colour of the spell effect and the feathers about 800 times.

Anyway...

There's not a whole lot else.

My ransacking of local libraries continues. I went and picked up six books on Friday morning. Granted three of those were graphic novels. But I'd also finished the stack of six I picked up a couple of weeks back. So there's that.

We skilled Thursday Night DnD this week... we had a missing party member and we're mid way through a sequence related to his backstory, and, honestly, I just couldn't be bothered.

Friday Night Not-DnD was good. We're developing a technique for dealing with various scenarios, so hopefully it doesn't come and bite us in the butt. And because those games don't last as long as we might be playing DnD, we have a round of Sushi Go! afterwards. Which I won. So the 83 games of that I've played online on Board Game Arena came in handy. Even if my win rate over there is about 50%.

Anyway...

Supermarket. I want it to be soup season, because I'm bored with making non-soup related food decisions.

That's it.

Current mood:

No comments: