photo saturday: fish town girl

morgana - fishwife, warlock, npc

Today's DnD Character Colouring Book ticks a couple of boxes. Firstly Morgana is an interpretation of a mini a friend of mine has that came in a set of "harbor town/Cthulhu" themed minis, one of which was a "fishwife" character who I instantly saw and thought "this is a perfect warlock mini".

Fast forward four years. And mostly I started by playing around with the stripes on the skirt. But I ended up designing my memory of that mini and putting my own spin on it. And I really liked the results.

And then it kind of sparked a thought in my brain... for a party made up of town NPCs turned into PCs. Morgana is someone you'd find in the market place. I have a couple of the other NPCs designed, and it may not go on longer that maybe a small handful of characters. But it's a fun project while it lasts.

Anyway.

This week has been a lot of "hurry up and wait"... or rather, "wait and then hurry up".

So we'll just fast forward to Thursday. Mostly because I don't think there was anything of note earlier in the week. But mostly because on Thursday I got to go see Owlgirl and meet Baby Owlgirl for the first time.

*cue a sentence that is one long squee for about five minutes*

Owlet (because it takes less time than typing the other version) is the sweetest baby, happy, bouncy, having the most fun and I adore her. Also, it was good to see Owlgirl. I ended up being there for about three and a half hours, so there's that.

I took bread and presents and the last of the Christmas tomato relish, all of which was received with the appropriate amount of appreciation and whatnot.

It was also the single hottest day of the week and also potentially the hottest day of the year thus far (to which next week says "shut up and hold my beer"). Which was great when I had to drive clear across town in a car with aircon that no longer works. Yay.

Thursday Night DnD was good... we were down a player but we mostly did exploration and such.

Friday I did my errands... which mostly involves picking up stuff from the library, but I also stopped in to ask about my next booster shot, expecting it to be in a week or so, a little like last time... but no. Tomorrow at 3pm. Yay, but with less sarcasm.

Friday Night Not DnD was good. I know that we're probably going to hit a wall at some point where the gear we've amassed and our general power level right now is going to dip under the power level of the bad guys, and it will all end in tears and the general gloating of our GM. It's still fun.

Anyway...

Today consisted of Ma being late, the usual supermarketary and...  not much else. Which is fine.

That's it...

Current mood:

No comments: