photo saturday: good rogue boy

mr rook - fey, thief, mischief-makermr rook - fey, thief, mischief-maker

This week's DnD Character Colouring Book is redo of a redo... I first debuted Mr Rook back in October last year... at the same point I had found out I was going to have to move... good time, good times.

At a later point, Mr Rook got a makeover to turn him into... basically a shirtless ass-kicking monk. Because I like monks, I do... but then I fell in love with a lot of the elements of the design of Rook and moved him up to be on the list of "potential future playable characters", and I knew that I didn't want to play a monk, but really wanted to play a rogue.

And then the jester outfit got added... previously seen on Brother Jinx... and one thing let to another and Mr Rook came out looking like the right kind of trouble. So here he is... in his scary oni/samurai mask and his Soulknife blade.

And I gave him an updated backstory, and honestly, he was fairly high on the list of characters I was intending to play next... of course, right after that I made a completely separate monk character who is also on the list... because of course I did.

But given that I'm running our Friday games for the foreseeable future and our Thursday games seem cursed, plus I really need to take a break as previously mentioned, it will be a while before I end up playing somebody new.

Which of course means that I'll probably create/redesign a billion different characters before then.

C'est la vie.

Anyway...

This week's soup was one of those rare entities that actually got better as the week went on. I'm not entirely sure why... it was just a basic vegetable soup. It was good though.

A lot of this week was spent in prep for the Friday game... getting documents and handouts and printouts ready to go.

Thursday night DnD was cancelled again, because, clearly that game is actively cursed right now, which turned out to be excellent, because I went to Officeworks in the middle of the day and my entire living room/kitchen space was covered from one end to the other with a bazillion bits of paper as I cut, trimmed, sorted, tea stained and baked various bits of paper, then put things in folders and whatnot. Time well spent honestly.

Friday night was my first time DMing in a while. Fuck I'm rusty. I also wouldn't say that I'm stressed out about running my first full adventure that isn't supposed to be wrapped up in about four hours... but, you know, it's equal parts exciting and weird.

I also have so many future plans... none of which I can talk about here because one of my players occasionally reads the blog (yes, you... *waves*), but I have a cannon stuffed with character backstory and I'm not going to be afraid to use it.

*cue evil laughter here*

But the party seems like it's going to be a fun one. A half-elf, an emerald dragonborn and a fairy. Fun times.

I do need to get slightly better at time management though, because we ended up playing until after midnight. Whoops.

Anyway.

Today wasn't much of anything. We did the supermarket thing, we came back here. We watched some stuff on the YubTubs... and Ma went home. So there's that.

Current mood:

No comments: