photo saturday: kite fleet

flag kiteskite clans

kite geishagreenwing kite
Christmas apathy, check. Christmas 2019, check. Post Christmas malaise, check.

Also, can Summer just fuck off already.

This is going to be brief I think...

Tuesday was Wednesday as far as DnD was concerned, and I got to see people I don't get to see very often, so that was nice.

Then Tuesday night, normally on Christmas Eve I would settle in with a pizza and my yearly viewing of Arthur Christmas. This year the usual overruled the annual, and instead I just did what I do every Tuesday night, which is watch Critical Role.

Not a bad alternative, and especially because I just wasn't feeling the Christmas thing.

The day itself has already been covered.

Then Thursday and Friday I basically stayed home and made love to the air-conditioner again.

I will say that the problem with having nice things to eat in the house is resisting the urge to eat all the nice things in the house, and therefore having no nice things in the house. I did this with varying degrees of success.

Friday DnD got moved to tonight, which just added to the overall sense of weird that today entailed.

Because I don't have aircon in my car (I mean I do, it just doesn't work/needs replacing) we decided to take Ma's car to the supermarket, which probably ended up being a smart plan, although it didn't seem like it at the time.

Just after we got in the car and headed off, I heard this clicking noise, which turned out to be the motor in Ma's passenger side mirror. It was very loud, but eventually got quieter, but also didn't stop even when the car was completely turned off. I assumed at that point that whatever plan we might have had for today was out the window and replaced with "try and get Ma's car fixed".

We did the supermarket thing, came back here, then Ma had the bright idea of calling the RAA to come out and have a look at it. The guy showed up in about half an hour, popped a panel off the passenger door and disconnected the wires to the mirror. I mean it's not fixed, but at least it's not doing it any more.

It also meant that we could still go to the movies. Yes, literally almost six months to the day since the last time we went to the movies.

More on that later.

Afterwards, we had some lunch, ran a quick errand and called it a day.

Current Mood:

No comments: