my adelaide fringe picks 2020

my adelaide fringe picks 2020
Another very lean Fringe year, although this year it's definitely not for a lack of shows. And interestingly, there seemed to be a lot less "repeat" shows from what I noticed.

Don't get me wrong, I love a repeat show, but I also love seeing new things. I got to combine the best of both worlds in a couple of the shows, as while we saw The Handlebards last year, that was the male troupe, this time it's the female troupe... and one of the performers from Barbaroi I saw in another circus show back in 2013 (and promised that if he showed up in other things I'd go see them).
  • The Will To Be: One man's exploration of sexuality, society and shame, laced with the words of Shakespeare.
  • The Handlebards - The Tempest: A shipwreck washes the court of Milan up onto a mysterious desert island, inhabited by a magician, sprites and monsters, and where nothing is as it seems.
  • The Bakers: Three bakers, one bakery! Dough up the walls, flour in your eyes.
  • Barbaroi: Inspired by the world of shadows where anything goes, and the gritty underbelly of society, 'Barbaroi' is a blend of high octane circus, cabaret and physical theatre.

Current Mood:

No comments: