photo saturday: it's (mostly) all white

botanic rockspegasus kite

preserverreading light
I get the feeling I'm going to be using the phrase "well, it's certainly been a week" for the entire length of the Fringe.

Because, say it with me... it's certainly been a week.

As always we started with DnD on Monday. And I know I've said this or something similar recently... but I miss running for small groups. Hell, at this point, I think myself lucky when I only run for five people.

Also don't tell my players, but I don't actually get annoyed when they snatch victory from the jaws of defeat or they use that stupid or overpowered ability (well, most of the time anyway)... I don't actually want to kill their characters, but I do want the game to be exciting for them.

Tuesday was Fringe... and a lackluster dining experience. While I'm not naming names, when people who ordered after us get served before us, then we have a problem. And don't throw your new colleague under the proverbial bus... I knew there was going to be a bit of a wait given the people ahead of me, but I think you misplaced the order somewhere along the way. But you did give me a lot of excuses.

And the food was average at best (especially given the price). Plus we had to eat it so quickly in order to get to the show on time that I didn't really taste any of it.

Wednesday was back-to-back DnD again... first with the first half of a two part game I'm running this week and next week, then our usual evening session. Which wasn't perhaps one of the better ones, since everyone (but me really) seemed particularly low energy.

The amusing thing about the Wednesday night games is the others order in food, but I'm a poor scrub, so I generally eat at home first... but about 50% of the time, I end up eating someone's leftovers when they can't finish their food (amateurs)... but this week it was two different people, which amused me more.

Thursday was Haircut Day... so I toddled off up the hill at the allotted time to see Tink.

The whole thing was much the same as usual, only with no actual small children around the house, which was fantastic... the cut and colour were the same, we chatted all the way through and for a while after as usual, then I toddled off down the hill.

And because most of the people I would have given a crap about interacting with at DnD were doing their own preparation thing, I didn't bother heading in for Thursday night.

Then Friday I spent more of the day than I'd intended doing future DnD prep.

Today didn't feel like it was consumed by Ma's house move... I mean maybe a tiny bit, but not very much.

We did the usual supermarket thing, the addition of Fringe time meant that I really didn't end up buying all that much really.

Then it was back here, do the voodoo that we do so well (or, you know, put my things in my cupboards and fridge and whatnot), before heading back out to Kmart again (Ma wanted a second one of the little cabinets on wheels she bought last week)... and that was pretty much all we did there. Then we stopped off at Big W, where I found a freshly opened box of Lego Movie 2 minifigures. I didn't go totally nuts, just half the set, which are the ones I really liked. Like how could you ignore a Lego version of Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tin Man and Cowardly Lion?

And that was it really... we came back here, hung out in the cool for a bit and then Ma headed home, given that we have an evening show tomorrow.

Current Mood:

No comments: