photo saturday: white shells

opera shinetriple shell

shell ribssydney sparkle
There's always that one week in March or April where you start off wearing shorts and possibly using the air-con, and finish it in trackpants, socks and a hoodie. It's definitely this week. And the temperature drop on Friday also came along with a massive amount of rain to really reinforce the point.

It's also completely thrown my body for a loop... I'm not sure if I'm actually getting sick, or if it just feels like it... or if it's for some completely other reason... but as always, I'm not a fan of the feeling.

On the plus side it means that the coming week is 100% soup weather, so that fills up my Sunday evening, but makes the rest of the week a little easier.

This week's DnD was... better. Better in the sense that I managed to use my superpower of organising unorganised people to actually get what I wanted for all three days. Well, as much as I could with the limited resources I had access to at the time. But it was still good, I got to play with people I like and I didn't have to run a game.

And I got to spend about three hours extra with one of my boys, just talking about... well DnD mostly, but I honestly have no damn clue what the hell we talked about, but that we did a lot of it.

The rest of the week was fairly nondescript. Friday, as I said, was mostly about the rain... and tidying up the apartment... but mostly rain.

Today was... average.

We did the usual supermarket thing, and I bought more than enough stuff to make soup with. It's always the first couple of soup attempts that result in me making about 900 gallons of the stuff, because I've forgotten exactly how much stuff I actually need. But we'll give it a go, see what happens... if all else fails it'll basically be stew.

Given the weather, today was definitely an inside day... so we went to Marion, with the plan to wander aimlessly and then go to the movies.

We pretty much achieved these two goals.

The wandering was not exactly our usual circuit, since we started in a different spot, but we still essentially did the full loop, stopping off in all our usual spots. And Big W was selling off the last of their Easter crap for low, low prices, so I got myself an Avengers mug with Easter egg for $1. Turns out that the mug is TINY, relatively speaking, but it's still cute.

Then it was off to the movies... followed, like last time, with lunch at Nando's.

And then it was back here before Ma headed off home.

So, yeah... not a thrilling week overall, but not bad.

Current Mood:

No comments: