photo saturday: study in white

blue sea white sailgrey sky black glass

white ribs blue glasswhite clouds grey curves
Once again, there's not a whole hell of a lot to report. Actually that's possibly not completely true, but there's a bunch of stuff I don't really want to talk about right now.

Technically I still have the cold... I say technically because it seems to mostly have moved from being an active cold to just being the general feeling of pressure in my sinuses. Dr Google doesn't seem to think that it's a sinus infection, but it's still annoying.

I was supposed to make simple soup last week... just potato and leek... with bacon, because bacon. And that's how it started... but I thought it was going to be too thin and put extra potato in, then too much cheese, then way too much pepper. So while it should have been simple, it didn't end up quite as simple... plus it ended up very, very thick. So by the end of the week I'll admit I was a little bit over it.

The rest of the week was fairly rinse and repeat... then on Friday I had my chiro appointment, which, as always, led to general wandering around in the Mall until I ran out of things to do.

This morning I woke up way too early thanks to some heartburn... well, Doctor Google has some other ideas about it, but we'll go with heartburn unless it happens again. It wasn't a whole heap of fun though, and I ended up getting up, wrapping myself in blankets and sitting in the lounge for a while, until the sensation dissipated and I was essentially falling asleep... so I got back into bed.

All of that did kind of throw off my morning though... which was only really a problem because Ma was getting her hair did, so I was left to my own devices.

And that led to me leaving the house about an hour later than I would have otherwise.

Which did lead to the shopping taking slightly longer than it otherwise would have. But that was also partly because I kept forgetting things and had to double back on myself a few times. This week's soup is very definitely going for a simpler vibe. I don't know completely what I'm going to end up with, but I'm not going to blend it... and I'm going to try and keep it reasonably thin.

We'll see.

I still managed to do all my shopping, come back, unpack and do a few other things before Ma rocked up. Interestingly, I'm pretty sure she had a cut and colour, but I honestly didn't even notice the colour if I'm honest. Maybe that means it wasn't as obvious as it sometimes is... I don't know.

Neither of us really had any plans (and to be honest, I would have been okay if we'd just called it a day then and there... but it seemed a bit cruel to have Ma drive all the way here and then just turn around and go home again)... but eventually we decided on a trip into town, mostly for Ma to run an errand, but also to check out Flinders Street Market, because that's usually worth a poke around once in a while.

Turns out it was kind of a very good day for Flinders Street.

Firstly I found a very apropo brooch for a belated birthday present... then we discovered Ark Angel Creations... she makes "sensory products"... for both kids and people with sensory needs. And I'm a pretty tactile person at the best of times, so her stall was a ton of fun to poke around at. She also had some of the water beads, so I grabbed a pack of those, because they're always fun...

Then saw these little knitted discs that are basically a circular tube with a marble trapped inside, and you just move the marble around by manipulating the disc. They were only a couple of bucks, so I grabbed one, and I haven't really been able to leave it alone since. I'll get over it eventually, but it's fun and gives me something to do with my hands while doing other things.

From there we had a poke around the Mall so Ma could do what she needed to do, then we came back to the Village, poked around T2, grabbed some food and came back here.

And that was about it really.

Current Mood:

No comments: