character saturday: respect your elders

beilyn porridgepot - swordcaptain, retired, focused

A very minor makeover for my favourite halfling barbarian... and weirdly, just like last time I was sure that I had shown off Beilyn Porridgepot more than just once... clearly I had not. This is mostly a do-over with the halfling ear choice (rounded rather than pointed), and some minor posing changes because the other pose was slightly uncomfortable looking.

One day they might add in a better axe, but for right now, it'll do.

Anyway...

Sunday was A Grand Day Out. I needed to head down to Harbour Town to look for new sneakers, and of course I parked at the left end of the complex and it turned out the store I wanted was literally the furthest right hand store at the other end. But once I got there it was relatively easy in and out and I came away with a lovely set of New Balance "DynaSoft Nitrel v6" sneakers in the "Castlerock/Black/Sienna" colorway. Thank you to Harry for making it very painless.

Next up, after wandering all the other way back to the car, I stopped off at IKEA for the Looking At The Halloween Collection. Which, potentially because it's only August, is not actually collected together in any one spot but instead spread throughout the whole store. I'm definitely here for the KUSTFYR collection. There were a few things I was looking for, and I left with none of them. Admittedly I had assumed there would be a central point for most of them, but also they definitely didn't have anything currently in stock. What I did get was the cute little house shaped tealight candle holder.

I also gathered significant mental trauma by trying to buy food from the cafeteria at lunchtime on a Sunday. Urge to beat people with a tray was high.

Last stop was the Bunnings that took over the empty store of a now defunct hardware chain. Basically, right next door to IKEA. I almost didn't find what I needed, because the "fairy lights" section wasn't really doing it for me, but once again Halloween in August came to my rescue and I found a set of purple fairy lights for only $10.

I set them up later in the week, and while I'm fully aware that a) they came fully charged in the box and b) they're less complex than the previous set I had... these are still slightly insane that they last literally the whole night. Like, we're talking "they still work at 5am" whole night. I'm sure that will drop off potentially as we go, but it's a thing currently.

This week's soup was Chorizo, Tomato and Rice soup... admittedly, I should have gone slightly more rustic and chunky with the chopping... but it was very nice overall. 

This week's Mini Media Reviews goeth thusly...

We started with This Is Not A Murder Mystery over the weekend. Which was, in fact, a murder mystery. There are specific reasons it's called that though. I'm also not going to try and claim that my overall enjoyment of the show wasn't very much assisted by just how pretty Pierre Gervais looks in period clothing. But it was just a good cozy mystery with some interesting flourishes. The weakest part might be the Who in Whodunnit. Given certain elements, the list of viable suspects wasn't as extensive as it actually should have been. But still enjoyable.

And then I finished up the third season of The Musketeers during the week. I still maintain that the show improved exponentially once they stopped sticking to existing source material. I also need to give full bouquets to the  two costume designers. Both Phoebe De Gaye for the first two seasons, and then the amazing refresh that Hayley Nebauer did to the customers after a time jump of about five years for season 3. Likewise full kudos to every single leatherworker who worked on that show.

I'm glad I went back and finished out the run though.

Thursday I watched The Castle of Cagliostro, admittedly while also crocheting a new dice pouch for my big old Aasimar boy.

Lastly Friday night there was no DnD, instead Fluffy took me out to dinner and then there was a Movie Night, so we watched The Producers. And as much as I love that movie, watching Fluffy watch the movie for the first time definitely augmented my enjoyment. It also very much reinforced that that movie is one where pretty much the whole script just lives in my brain.

Anyway...

Nothing thrilling to report for Saturday Supermarketry. Really just the usual loop.

No comments: