Interestingly, I've posted much less of Mama Lullaby than I thought I might have. And the version I did post is pretty similar to this one, just with some minor face tweaks. I think that's probably a post Face Customiser make over. Mostly because I really like the outfit. Even if she doesn't have her signature embroidered coat with many pockets full of treats.
Also, her magic effect got updated from the Hero Forge version to just Photoshop fuckery.
I'll be honest, I think there might be a newer pair of boots that would work better than the ones she has on, but I'm not fiddling around with a new version. I will go look at updating the books though. And... fixed.
And it was her birthday two weeks ago... because she's one of the original group of characters that I went through had gave actual birthdays to.
Anyway...
This week's soup was plain old Chicken Noodle.... which I always very much enjoy, because it is so simple. And also because I not only use spaghetti for the noodles, but always add cayenne pepper so it has a bit of a kick to it. Always good for fighting off a cold. Or the last lingering remains of one anyway.
It's been an eclectic mix for Mini Media Reviews this week.
Starting off with Children of the Sea, quite a good anime, even though it didn't necessarily completely stick the landing. Which, I'll be honest, has been my experience with a large number of anime titles.
I followed that up with The Bride!, exclamation point very much included. I actually enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I was going to for various reasons. That is, at any rate, after the first 10 minutes caused me to wonder what fever dream I'd stumbled into. I can see this one coming back around, honestly, after the current obsession with Frankenstein quiets down.
Next up, a movie that appears to have like three titles all squashed together... High Speed! Free! Starting Days (aka Starting Summer if IMDB is to be believed), again, with included exclamation points. This is my first entry into the "Free" universe, mostly because I can't get hold of the first season of the TV show from the library. But I quite liked it... more than I thought I would. Even though, as I said right after I finished it, that it was "50% gay longing, 30% homosexual angst and 20% swimming". Oh, the angst. Oh, the longing. Oh, the thinly disguised homosexuals.
I need to get my hands on the TV show.
Rounding out that day was Kokuho, a movie about the men who play women's roles in Kabuki theatre. Because of course some ruler or other got bent out of shape about women in the theatre, even though Kabuki was started as an all-female dance troupe, if Wikipedia is to be believed. It was an interesting movie... very long (just shy of three hours) and quite slow and languid at times. And, I'll admit, much less gay than I thought it might have been. But still very, very good.
And lastly, the second season of The Musketeers. Which, I will say, is somewhat of an improvement over the first season. I still don't care much for their Milady, but otherwise it was quite good. I think possibly because they're mostly out from under the shadow of the original book.
Friday Night DnD was... well, very nearly a TPK. It could have gone real, real bad. But also there was new kitten to play with... well, less full on kitten and more little cat. But still adorable kittenness.
Anyway...
Today was much the usual... just supermarket stuff really.
After Ma left I did wander down to The Parade to look at a couple of places that might have had sneakers. I mean, they had sneakers, just not ones that were either the types I wanted or the price I wanted to pay. So that's probably going to require a drive down to Harbour Town... maybe tomorrow.
We'll see.

No comments:
Post a Comment