photo saturday: lady lady

lady orel - courtesan, flirt, sorceress

This is what happens when I reply to a DnD worldbuilding question on Reddit, and like my answer so much I need to come up with a character that fits into that idea.

The idea being that there are certain High Elf owned/staffed... houses of negotiable virtue... for want of a better term. But that they're more like courtesans or a little like geisha... and are, in world, called Adab Lastar in Elvish... House of the Listener. And the individual houses have names like House of Golden Jade or House of Twilight Rose.

And that's where Lady Orel comes in. A High Elf entertainer who is also a Divine Soul Sorceress whose power comes from the Elven goddess of Love, Hanali Celanil.

With, you know, a dress and a corset and knee high boots and makeup and whatnot. And combining a top and a skirt that are absolutely not meant to be part of a set, but colouring them like it's a dress. Weirdly, she only really came alive to me when I tilted the head to the side a little. I can't quite say why that works, just that I know it does.

Anyway...

christmas tree reverse rainbow 2021... now with eyes

I went up to Ma's place last Sunday to enact the Christmas tree decoration ritual... with exactly zero enthusiasm about the whole fucking process.

Doubly so because reaching the top of the tree with only one arm that wanted to go that high is something of a problem.

I undertook the writing inside the box rituals, as I have done through the ages.

And... weirdly there were just two pink baubles that I don't think we normally add to the tree, but I added them this year, stepped back and then realised that I'd given the tree eyeballs. And the line of purple baubles kind of looked like a mouth.

I accidentally made a Muppet tree... and I'm not even a little bit mad at it.

But I put up the tree and didn't hang around after that.

So that happened.

I made a really good quiche this week. And it worked for four days worth of food, so I'm doing the same thing, only with slightly different ingredients, this week.

I also started my Dice Advent Calendar this week... so that's fun. I wasn't expecting the little messages inside each window, that that was an added bonus. They're weird, but fun.

Thursday night's DnD game was one of those rare occasions where we basically did nothing but explore and roleplay. So that was nice. I mean, we're stuck in a mystery where we have no idea what's really going on. But I have ideas... most of which are probably ridiculous and wrong.

Then Friday night's DnD was... roleplay... pretty much just roleplay. And thinking about what happened, it feels like it should have taken about an hour... but somehow it doesn't feel like it should have taken as long as it did. Simple, effective, but yeah, weirdly feels shorter in my head than the actual length of time we played.

Moving on.

Today, we went to the supermarket. We bought stuff. We came back here. And that was it really.

So there's that.

Current mood:

No comments: