photo saturday: water coloured

diver diversand dredger

seahorse boatharbour mouth
I've been staring at a "blank page" for about 45 minutes... I say "blank" because, you know, photos.

I know I've said it about half a billion times before, but sometimes starting one of these posts if the hardest bit. Especially when there's not much of anything to talk about.

However, I do want to make a note of the fact that I made two amazing pizzas this week. Like pizza is nothing new, but this was a lot more ingredients than I would usually use, and it was damn tasty. Salami, capsicum, red onion, mushroom, tomato... and cheese obviously. Delicious.

DnD was weird this week... with one thing and another the Wednesday game didn't happen. After last week's session also didn't happen (for more obvious reasons)... and I know that people flake out in December at an exponential rate, so I may have spat the dummy a little...

In the last three years we've never managed to actually play any games in the month of December, somebody cancels, then someone else doesn't show up, and all of December goes by and we never do anything. I would, however, like to finish this module before January. So, do something for me, look at your calendars, appointment books, diaries or the crayon scrawling on the wall of the asylum and work out if you can actually manage a single Wednesday between now and January, share that information with the group and if we have a consensus, yay. If it's easier for people to do an online thing, I'm fine with that. Alternatively, just say now that you can't do a game for the entire month of December, let's not do the "oh maybe" last minute cancellation thing, because that's just frustrating. Know that I love you all, but sometimes herding cats through IKEA would be more productive.

Yeah. That. I was kind of pleased with both the "crayon scrawling" and the "herding cats" lines.

And I got an 3 affirmatives (with two other presumed affirmatives, because they're not the problem) within 45 minutes. Because sometimes you just have to put the Dad Pants on.

Anyway... Wednesday didn't happen. And then Friday got moved to Thursday. Which made sense, because the forecast for Friday was "fucking stupid hot". But it did mean that my brain was somewhat confused a few times yesterday concerning what day it was.

I also made the most amazing bread. Okay, the dough was SUPER sticky and wet, but it still worked. I threw cheese into with the flour, and then when it was ready for forming into a loaf, I folded some salami into it, randomly, because of the aforementioned sticky. And I don't know if it was because it soaked some of the liquid out of the dough or it just "steamed" inside the dough when I cooked it, but it was SO tasty.

The DnD itself was okay... no major events. We're currently going through a dungeon, well, a dungeon by any other name, so I expect things won't be super different for a few sessions yet.

Otherwise, not a lot of anything this week.

Today was also more of the same.

We did the supermarket thing. I really wish I'd picked up a few other things last week, given that whole products were just sold out this week. Not really hugely surprising, given the fuckery of last weekend. But still.

Even so, we did a fairly big shop, wearing our masks like responsible adults. And I realised why it stayed in place pretty perfectly last week, but this week it was doing my head in. Also why everything seemed to go to shit when I was at the check out last week. Headphones. When I was wearing headphones the mask stayed in place. Without headphones, not so much. We also picked up some new masks... made by Bonds... which is not really surprising, they have the material, they have the technology... but you're basically wearing a pair of undies on your face. Which is a mood, certainly. They're also just that tiny bit too small for me, and that bit too big for Ma. Le sigh.

After supermarket, we came back here, did the unpacking thing, did some YubTubs, then Ma wanted to go to Kmart, so we did that... And found better masks... or at least ones with a better shape to them. Honestly, I think unless you spend a little money on getting one with a decent shape, made of decent material and with decent elastic straps, it's all a bit m'eh.

But at least we have choices now.

That was it though. And now I'm just waiting for the cool change to properly hit my place. I mean it's mostly here, but there's a band of rain that just hasn't arrived yet.

Oh, and tomorrow I will need to summon up the energy and the effort and the ability to give a fuck in order to put up the Christmas tree at Ma's place. Blah. Future me is definitely not going to enjoy the messages 2020 me is going to leave on boxes this year, I can tell you that much.

Current mood:

No comments: