photo saturday: four walls

dot dot dashjetty fence

three polesx marks the
This week has been... a lot.

Not as much as it perhaps could have been, but still a lot.

And on top of that, Summer has decided to arrive and be all Summer in Australia all over the place. Fuck that noise.

Honestly, this is going to be a pretty short post all up.

So there was no DnD this week. Because SA went until lockdown between Wednesday night at midnight and tonight at midnight. A whole "don't leave your house, wear a mask, one person can go to the shops once a day" lockdown.

Honestly, with the exception of DnD and going shopping on my own today, it didn't really affect my movements at all. Because it's not like I go anywhere most of the time. What it did affect was the inside of my brain. By which I mean my brain.

As I said to someone during the week, it's like being told not to think of elephants. You weren't thinking of elephants, you have no reason to be thinking about elephants, elephants aren't part of your life right now. But now you can't think about anything but fucking elephants. And having the house all closed up, which fabulously cool and air-conditioned, didn't help. Because situational claustrophobia I guess.

And, honestly, I think actually looking at the news probably didn't help. It's not something I generally do either, and haven't for a while, since I worked out that it's generally 50% bad stuff, 30% bullshit I don't care about and 20% stuff that isn't actually news.

Anyway... that was basically the week.

Today I took my mask and my latex gloves and my hand sanitiser and my headphones and headed off to the supermarket at 7:15am, getting there before they opened at 7:30 and doing a shop that felt like we were back in March... only, you know, worse. Because, WEAR A FUCKING MASK but also wearing a mask wasn't fun. But I survived. And was home by just after 8am.

So that was my week...

Current mood:

No comments: