photo saturday: textual

green thumbp-e-o-p-l-e

summer residencei can't do that dave
A bit of a nothing week this week really... I mean I know it was New Years and everything, but even so...

Last Sunday I ended up clearing out some of my kitchen cupboards, discovering that I have a bad habit of buying multiple replacements/backups for something I already have. This is why I now have two bottles of tomato sauce, three jars of Dijon mustard and two full tubes of Berocca.

Partly I blame the shit cupboard designs, since they're too narrow and waaaaay too deep, and stuff gets lost.

Anyway.

New Years happened.

Wednesday was my only game of DnD this week... and yeah, it was a bit of a clusterfuck. I did get turned into a silver T-Rex (because my character is a silver dragonborn, so of course) for a brief period, which kept me alive a lot longer.

But that was it... no Monday game because of New Years, no Wednesday night game because people have lives or whatever I guess, no Thursday game because the person who would DM for me is on holidays of some description (also it was too fucking hot on Thursday).

I will say that being pretty much by myself in the house all week, with the exception of Wednesday, kinda did a number of my head. Yeah, not a fan of it.

So, I did sweet fuck all that was interesting this week. Even compared to normal.

Today wasn't overly exciting either... but at least it was something.

We did the supermarket thing... I really do need to use up all of the stuff in my fridge and freezer, so I didn't get a ton of stuff... just bits and pieces really.

Afterwards, we decided to head into the city, not for anything specific, mostly to see if there was anything in the Christmas decoration oeuvre still hanging about... with a side order of whatever else caught our eye.

The answer? Not a lot really. There were a few bits and pieces in Myer and David Jones, but other than some cards that Ma wanted, it was all a bit "shit that clearly nobody wanted even now it's cheap".

 We did wander around one of those slightly more upscale Japanese interesting plastic crap and toys places that has opened downstairs from David Jones... I can't remember the name of it to be honest, but it's a cute store. And I found a black gel pen that was in the shape of a feather made of silicon. Weird, but cute. And it'll be useful when my very last black Lego gel pen gives up the ghost.

Other than that, not really much of a sausage.

We stopped off at Boost when we were in need to a sit down, watched the passing weirdness of the world go past and then called it quits.

And that was that...

Current Mood:

No comments: