2019

And here we are... 2019.

The International Year of Indigenous Languages, Moderation and the Periodic Table of Chemical Elements.

You know those times when you're just going through the motions because it's tradition or it's what you always do, or whatever the reasons. Yeah, that really does feel like my whole Christmas and New Year period. I do what I do because it's what I do.

Up to and including yesterday. Yes, I ticked all the appropriate New Years Eve boxes. I changed my bedding from red and green to black and white. I took down the old calendar. I posted my Top 9 on Instagram and wrote a very lacklustre Year in Review post. I made sure my sink was mostly empty. I took my trash and my recycling out. In essence, I sorted my environment.

It didn't feel like anything though. I was doing the things I do on New Years Eve because this was the day to do them, not because it felt like the last day of the year (if that makes any sense at all).

Then in the evening, I made some dinner (chicken with tomato and mango relish... and thankfully the relish was one I'd prepared earlier out of the freezer) and settled down to watch movies.

And I didn't even get any movies for Christmas this year... fortunately there were things I'd bought or been given that I hadn't gotten around to watching yet. So I went with The Lego Batman Movie and The Shape of Water.

That got me to about 11:45, I played around until about 12:30, stopping briefly to half watch the two square inches of fireworks I can see from my doorway.

And then I called it a night.

Today has been... mostly inconsequential. I got up and did what I would do any other morning... had cereal and coffee, watched some stuff on YouTube. I did do that thing I tend to do at the end/beginning of the year, where I go through my social media accounts and weed out the people I'm no longer interested in, and in the case of Instagram, going through the people following me to clear out the old, unused accounts or mostly empty accounts or just the people who shouldn't be following me.

I also tried to make my usual Instagram/Social Print Studio calendar... but it seems that Instagram doesn't want to play nicely with their interface and I'm going to need to go about it a different way. Which is annoying. But not hard.

Otherwise I just phaffed about.

2019... it's basically like 2018 but there's currently less of it.

Current Mood:

No comments: