photo saturday: the baker and the herbalist

brandien and melody - parents, baker, herbalist

Eventually all adventurers retire... well, the ones who live that long anyway. And sometimes they go on to have a family. Thus we have today's DnD Character Colouring Book.

Brandien turned his love of baking and his role as the keeper of the Beestinger Family Cookbook into a bakery in Silverymoon and Melody turned her knowledge of plants and herbs into a combination of herbal tea/folk remedies while also cultivating and collecting herbs, spices and other plants in order to flavour the baked goods.

Also, an off-white leather and yellow dress combination... love it.

Anyway...

This week was Pea and Ham Soup... but for whatever reason (mostly because it had been in the freezer for several months at this point, and also then I essentially boiled it in the soup) the ham wasn't... the best, texture wise. It tasted fine, it was just a funky texture. So after I struggled through the small bowl on Sunday, I just blended what was left. And, honestly, that improved it considerably.

Finally, after a break of 76 days (or two and a half months), I finally went back to tackle the cuffs on the Crochet Hexagon Cardigan. And I attempted to do the simpler ribbed cuffs but my brain just went "yeah, nah, we're not going to retain the information on how to do that", so I just... winged it. Which worked out so much more successfully, because, honestly I winged the whole cardigan, so it was honestly what's should have happened.

Then I started to connect the two panels together into the finished cardigan... And that should have been the easiest thing ever. I was doing the exact same thing that I did to connect 140-something squares for Fluffy's blanket. But, black yarn... it's an ongoing problem, especially when crocheting in the evening, because I generally don't use the overhead light. So I got most of the way done with attaching it and then realised that there were more purple clusters on one side than the other side, went back and looked and discovered I'd been... connecting it in random spots by accident. I honestly don't know how the hell I even managed it, because I didn't think I was doing anything different, but it was what it was.

I tried again the following day... in the daylight. And got most of the way done and realised... that I had more purple clusters on the OTHER side this time. And tracked it back to a single spot where I joined two clusters to the same spot.

Argh.

Third time was the charm though. And now I'm just about done with extending the bottom of the joined cardigan... and then I need to do the "ribbing" around the neck/collar/whatever that bit is called (I think it's technically a placket, but that implies buttons, which I'm not doing), and we're done.

It's not a LIGHT cardigan by any means... even though the yarn itself isn't that hefty, there's just A LOT of it.

Thursday Night DnD was... fine. Anti-climactic. Vaguely annoying. Proof that I'm very over it. But, mostly fine. We're maybe two games out from being done though. And at this point I'll just be glad to be done. And that's not all on the group, some of it is on the adventure. Very few things I've played seem to ever really stick the landing, so I don't know why I thought this one would be any different.

Friday Night DnD was good. Like, my character achieved his overarching campaign goal good. Which was honestly, kind of a lot to process. Weirdly, our problem in this campaign might actually be access to too many magic items. And too many ones that require attunement, since you can only have three of those.

And speaking of Friday DnD... 

After last week's additional image of the himbo barbarian we encountered, the fictitious TV show we invented and Fluffy's off-hand comment about "making a still for the TV show" from the Hero Forge model... yeah, it was one of those ideas that my brain just wouldn't let go of.

Because of course there had to be other people in the cast. Which led us here...

the cast of garrrr!

And then led my brain to end up writing a fictional "retrospective" on the fictional TV show... which I may or may not share at some point, because I'm both incredibly proud of it and also aware of the level of cheese and cringe involved. But it amused me across the earlier part of the week.

Anyway...

This week was a little bit of a repeat of last week... with supermarket and movie at mine, while I worked on my crochet cardigan.

No comments: