photo saturday: excited flame

euphoria - seductress, archaeologist, fictional character

So we have Character Inception for this week's DnD Character Colouring Book... a fictional character made up by a fictional character.

My current bard character, Harland Honeypot's tiefling muse, Nancy Drew adult's only stand-in, archaeologist and rogue, Euphoria Phlox. And I'm more amused because while I knew that Phlox was the name of a type of purple, and the name of a type of flower, it also comes from the Greek word for flame. Which works as a tiefling.

I've said before that I love when a name accidentally becomes more relevant. Like when Peregrin's name turned out to be a combination "in the original halfling" of Pery, meaning "flower, love, loyal, romance" and Gren, meaning "baker, cook, feast, green, plenty"... at least according to books from previous editions of DnD. And, honestly, combining most translations of both words together makes sense for the character he ended up being.

Anyway...

I included a little mini "minor illusion" version of this model in the Harland model, but I kinda wanted to show off the full version. Plus, I'm otherwise running out of images of any kind.

I think probably in the reality of his books, Harland would probably write her with a much more low cut or otherwise slightly revealing top... but with a (purple) leather jacket to go over the top. My original concept was doing her with purple skin... but honestly, that just looked weird when I was putting the model together. Plus I feel like he would be able to find a lot more "sexy" adjectives for skin in human tones as opposed to purple tones. Plus that way all the accessories including her neckerchief, belt buckle and crossbow bolt fletching can all be purple.

Moving on...

This week's soup was not from the DnD cookbook and it was... acceptable. It was beef and vegetable with tomato... and not anywhere near as good as the version I made the other week. But, like I said, acceptable.

Thursday's DnD was... frustrating. For very specific and personal reasons that I'm not going to bother going into... suffice to say... just occasionally, and for a limited period of time... I kinda hate my friends. Urgh. It's fine, I know it's a series of factors, and I'll live. But just sometimes...

Anyway...

Friday was much better. We met our "sidekick"... an overly timid polar bear that I accidentally named Pepper because a) everybody else's potential names were slightly ridiculous and b) I rolled on a table of imaginary plant names and came up with Royal Pepper as a plant name... so, we just shortened it to the second part.

And I met more of my character's druid circle pals.... and they were alive this time... although, I will say, thus far I've met two, found one dead, discovered that a second one died a couple of months ago and one might have gone crazy and be the problem. So, out of a group of ten druids, she's at 20% dead and 20% met.

Plus we met Lassie. Well, not actually... but basically a dog ran up to us when we entered one of the towns and made Lassie whining at us until we followed it home to discover that, in fact, one of it's owners had gotten himself lost down a non-literal well, and we need to go and see if we can find him.

So, thus far, we're a party of three gnomes, a polar bear and a husky. We have not, as yet, walked into a bar. But it's only a matter of time.

Also, it was Mr's pre-birthday Friday, so I made olive bread (which I don't normally make because Mrs doesn't like olives) and Fluffy also gave everyone a present of a blind bag semi-prescious stone d6... and while they were both blind bags and we picked them in a totally random order as well, but of the four dice, they all worked really well for who ended up with them... for example, I'm playing a druid and I got one with a tree. So everybody was really happy, which is always good.

Today wasn't much of anything really.

We did supermarketing. I'm planning on making halfling tomato soup this week from the DnD cookbook. So we'll see how I feel about that by the end of the week.

Then, we came back here and did the unpackery and feel down a YubTubs hole... because, honestly, it's too cold to go out for no specific reason. And we didn't have a reason. So we didn't.

Thus endeth this week.

Current mood:

No comments: