photo saturday: town and country boys

dino friend, anthropologist, jungle ranger - mielofashionista, waterdavian, shadow sorcerer - colton
Have I mentioned I have a slight obsession with halflings? I mean, honestly, they're my favourite DnD race. And while I've only played five thus far, I do have at least as many in the "maybe" character pile. Which brings us to this week's DnD Character Colouring Book.

Mielo Thornhill did kind of see the light of day as a sidekick when I ran the one on one DnD game for Ma a couple of Christmases ago, and given that the new DnD source book has a ranger class I'm interested in, a bunch of racial changes AND default beasts for the Beastmaster that can be reskinned into anything you like, Mielo may very well get repurposed into a functional character at some point. I very much like the idea of him running around with a little parrot-feathered velociraptor (you know, the actual, historical, turkey sized ones, not the fictitious people sized Jurassic Park ones). And he was one of the first times I tried proper freckles... or at least more effective freckles. So he deserves another chance at some point.

Colton Wildheart was a character I put together initially for a future campaign, but then decided that as much fun as he was, I was more excited to play a race I wouldn't normally get a chance to, and a class that would possible be more fun. But Colton was me pushing the envelope on fabric texture and seeing what would work inside an urban DnD environment that might not make any fucking sense for an adventurer who travelled around. He's another character that might either get repurposed or reinvented at some point. He'd make an interesting wizard, if wizards were really a class I cared very much about.

Plus I love that these two are using the same facial model and the same expression (more or less) but feel like completely different people/characters/whatever.

Anyway...

This week I made Basic Bitch Chicken Soup. Cube everything, add stock, use some chilli so it's not completely bland, enjoy.

Wednesday's DnD session was... one four hour combat session. Which wasn't bad, just a lot. Our DM dumped a bunch of the adventure that was badly written or seemed like pointless busywork... and we can make a two hour adventure last four hours at the best of times, so it was fun.

Friday we had another games night instead of DnD and played another game of Disney Villainous... which, you would think, as the true Disney villain at the table, I would win... but alas no. Not yet anyway. We followed that up with highly competitive game of Love Letter... because it was late and we were already feisty. Which I love... more so when we turn totally chill and zen games into feisty fuckfests, but any time really. And I think we did like 16 rounds of Love Letter, including some amazing first round guesses.

Fun was had by all concerned.

Today was super fucking simple. Ma was getting her hair did, so I did the supermarket thing on my own. I forgot stuff, because of course I did, but it wasn't too bad overall.

Then it was back here for unpacking and general whatevers before Ma showed up. And then it was basically a bit of chat and then a drive to Big W because I keep dropping my wireless mouse on it's head, which leads to dead mouse. Or at least dead mouse buttons. Which is incredibly irritating.

So one new mouse later and that was that.

Current mood:

No comments: