photo saturday: washed out

wordsmithtmd suk
This week was weird. By the current definition of normal anyway.

I made pretty good beef and vegetable soup this week. Helped mostly by the spicy kransky and spicy salami I added. I often think that that is the secret of good soup, adding something spicy.

Anyway...

This week's DnD was Monday, Wednesday and Friday... not bad overall to be honest. Monday was a game of doing the dumb things and living to tell about it. Until we walked into the room with the baby dragon right at the end. We'll see how that goes next week.

Wednesday was good. I've settled into the groove of a new character, he has already acquired a personality trait he didn't have when I put him together, and he's about to get a lot more interesting.

Friday we didn't play for super long, and we ended up doing a bunch of roleplay, which I love, and proceeded onto the next part of the story, which I've kind of been hanging out for for a while. We'll see how long that lasts. Depends on what happens next I guess.

I also heard from one of my previous Monday players, and he did enquire about whether I was playing online... so I ended up inviting him to next week's Wednesday game (after I checked with the rest of the group). Which will be an adventure.

The tradie turned up to look at my oven on Thursday morning. And, obviously, he was able to shut the oven door immediately. Grrrr. He did confirm that one of the hinges is completely screwed, and I pointed out that the seal has split at the bottom of the door, so now we just need to wait for confirmation and parts and landlord approval and whatnot.

Also, one of my Friday night DnD crew dropped by to drop something off to me, which was very nice. We stood the required 1.5 metres apart at all times, but it was still very pleasant.

Then Friday I was off to the chiro. My first trip into town since my last chiro appointment. Which was also my last trip since the previous chiro appointment.

So I went into town, went to the chiro appointment, walked most of the way down the Mall, then got back on the bus and came home.

Exciting.

Today was mostly the same as all the previous Saturdays... we did the supermarket thing, which almost feels like we're back to normal, except for the arrows pointing people in the same direction, and the fact I'm still wearing latex gloves, because it's just easier.

I'm planning on making chilli this week, which should be fun. Or at least something different.

Then we came back here, started doing the YubTubs thing, then got distracted and we ended up doing a Google Maps tour of the town in England where Ma grew up. Which was interesting, although a little bit of "if she'd stayed, what would my life be", albeit that I wouldn't be ME, because choices.

Anyway...

After that we took our first trip into the city since... I think the end of February... yeah, so there's that.

It was mostly just to pick up some socks and a phone cover to replace the phone cover I fucked up putting on earlier in the day (grrrr, don't ask).

We thought about wandering the Mall, but honestly there were kind of too many people and then there appeared to be some protest or rally or collection of people with signs and shouting, so we gave up and headed back here.

Current mood:

No comments: