it's my (46th) birthday

So, you get to claim the whole week before your birthday as your birthday week, right? Hence, commence my birthday week, starting last Sunday.

But today is the actual day, and as always, all the birthday love to those famous faces that are also born today, including, for the third time, Jamie Bell as well as Johan Paulik, Taylor Hanson, Michael Caine, Chris Klein, Albert Einstein, Corey Stoll, Daniel Gillies, Ansel Elgort, Demetrius Joyette, Stephen Curry and Antoni Porowski.

But it's also our regular weekly round up... so...

Monday I made chilli for the week. Not bad.

Tuesday I made another batch of relish. And made myself a note to say that I need to stop buying peaches, tomatoes and plums if I'm not actually going to eat them, because there's only so much relish I can keep for myself and only so much I can give away. Mostly because I only have so many jars.

Wednesday was DnD Day... I ran a fairly lackluster game... I mean the game was fine, but the adventure itself was slightly pointless, the first half of an adventure in which nothing actually happens and could easily have been binned in favour of a more interesting sequel. It feels like they had way too many ideas, and didn't divide them correctly, too few in part one, too many in part two. But I made them care about a bunch of the NPCs, so that will make the inevitable betrayal when werewolves bust in and start to murder the villagers I made them care about. Because I'm evil. And the module told me to.

Wednesday night was... not my finest hour. Let's just say that a massive overreacting was had. Also the other thing is that they've never seen me get riled up, and that was only about a 5 or 6 max on my scale... so it was very much a Hulk "you wouldn't like me when I'm very upset" moment. File it under I'm a schmuck, it was the week of the full moon, and my birthday week. So if there's any point where I can throw a spaz, that would be it.

But, moving on.

Thursday... stuff probably happened.

Friday I did the usual breadmaking (well, technically the making happened on Thursday night, the shaping and baking happened Friday), then went out to what should have been Friday DnD, but ended up being Friday boardgames, because of reasons. But it was a very chill evening... a seemingly calm game of Pandemic (we basically won with like four cards to go). Thankfully it never seemed to get super out of hand, which is good.

We followed that up with a somewhat cooperative game of Carcassone... or just super chill where we didn't so much screw each other over as point out places that tiles could go. And the person who didn't think he was going to win won thanks to his farmers. Seems about right.

But it was a nice relaxed evening. Which is good. I am looking forward to finally getting back to DnD next week though.

Today was actually my birthday. And honestly it was a pretty quiet day.

Ma was getting her hair did this morning, so I went shopping by myself, shaking my head at people scouring the toilet paper aisle, stocking up on pasta and tinned fruit and veg, while also buying toilet paper, pasta and tinned fruit/veg because they were on special or else I needed them.

Then I got home, unpacked, and tooled around a bit before Ma arrived. And then we didn't really do anything. We took a brief trip across to the Village, then didn't do much of anything between then and when we headed out for the afternoon Fringe show before heading back here before dinner (I'm in the mood for hamburger, I have to say) and then the evening Fringe show.

So not a thrilling birthday, but thrilling is overrated at present.

Plus I have half-naked male acrobats to look forward to tonight, so I'm not complaining.

Current mood:

No comments: