photo saturday: blue and white

opera house flareopera house sailboat

opera house ferrydame with ferry
Several parts of this week could be best categorised as "Thanks, I hate it".

Tuesday night I got a confusing message from my friend who is part of the Wednesday night DnD game as well as hosting the board game fortnight sessions... I thought he was talking about the board game group, but he was talking about the DnD group... but I didn't realise that until one of the other people messaged me Wednesday morning. Urgh.

And, unsurprisingly, someone was trying to get the group to take it's thumb out of it's butt, however they wanted me to host... with less than 12 hours notice. Yeah, no.

But it was also too damn hot on Thursday to go to board games (since my car's aircon is shot), so I skipped that also.

Wednesday's day game wasn't horrible, I mean I didn't die this week, although there was a moment where it could be gone badly. But I just don't like the overall style of those particular modules. Brutal for the sake of brutal doesn't do it for me oddly enough. And I very much disliked the fact that player agency was taken away at the end of the adventure. Which is a shame because they're otherwise decently put together.

Afterwards a bunch of us sat around and chewed the fat on a laundry list of topics, which was fun.

Then, as previously mentioned, Thursday was just hot and gross.

Friday continued in the same vein, but with a side order of hideously humid. Which I hate more than just plain old heat. But then just after Fluffy arrived it started to rain. And I mean RAIN. Get some wood and start collating two of every animal kind of rain. But it didn't get any cooler... just wetter... so much wetter.

Which meant that was the weather in which we needed to drive into the hills. Argh.

And when the car suddenly decelerated every time I hit a patch of water, which I couldn't see, because the rain was so heavy I couldn't really see through the windshield, or even when I could, it was just basically a wall of water. Argh.

Then every time we came to a cross street, there seemed to be a torrent of water flowing across the road from the other direction. And occasionally there was so much water that half of the street was essentially flooded. Argh.

The key moment though, was when we were waiting at a set of traffic lights behind four or five other cars, waiting to turn left, watching a torrent of water flow across the street we were on, when a wheelie bin came floating down the road and stopped in from of the lead car. And of course nobody wanted to wade through ankle deep water to move it, so when the lights changed the cars just carefully drove around it, us included. Argh.

But we got there fine, beyond some frayed nerves. And the rain wasn't as horrific when we got up there, although it definitely kept raining for the rest of the evening.

In fact the rain kept going from Friday evening all the way through to maybe an hour and a half ago... so about 20 hours straight. Not as intensely the whole time, obviously, but still.

The Friday DnD game was good... some good roleplay moments, we're starting a new part of the story. The magic item I ended up picking might not be super useful, but it's thematic and given the reaction of the other two, it was worth getting for that alone.

Anyway.

Today wasn't much of anything. Ma had her haircut this morning, so I did solo shopping, came back here, blah blah blah. Killed time catching up on things on YouTube before Ma got here. And honestly neither of us really wanted to go anywhere because rain, so we faffed around a bit, then Ma went home.

And I have a rental inspection to prep for this week... fun.

Current mood:

No comments: