photo saturday: bricking it

brick curvesgame cube
I have so few decent photos left...

This week's soup was of the chowder variety... but I let it catch on the bottom, so the whole thing ended up slightly darker than it otherwise would have been, and all kinda smelled like burning. I mean it tasted great, but it smelled of burning. At least when it was freshly made.

I also cleaned out my fridge before I made soup... I can highly recommend it as a mental exercise. Clean our fridge, feel better about life. Granted that also involved me taking out the shelves and cleaning them, so undertake at your own discretion.

This week's DnD was the usual three games... however, break out the champagne, Friday's game was the first time we've played face to face since... the end of March... and the first time since we were all in the same room since the week of my birthday. Just having Fluffy come over and driving to the game was weird. And not least of all because the last time we did it he got to my place while the sun was still up and we usually got to their place around sunset. Now it's just pitch black before he even gets here.

We also had a game you can only really have when you're all in the same room. We kind of advanced the plot but mostly it was interpersonal stuff. And I finally got to give my character the sexy makeover/haircut I've been wanting to give her since we arrived in Hell.

Yes, I'm that person that gives their dark elves a sexy hell-based makeover. But not in like a creepy way.

The Wednesday game was good... my character got super excited about arm wrestling, because it made more sense to him than, say, bribing people for information, which he also learned about... and was unsurprisingly bad at.

Otherwise, I followed up on my busted oven this week. And discovered that my land agent, as an organisation, it totally and utterly useless. Because they never bothered to tell me that my land agent was now a totally different guy... yes, I'd dealt with him previously, but when my land agent was presumably still the other woman, I dealt with and was in contact with other people in their office. But because of this, the website they use to log maintenance requests has, for a while, had two entries for my address. One where I've been putting jobs and a second one which I ignore.

But when I tried to contact them previously, nobody said "hey, don't contact this person, contact this person", or the previous agent didn't say to the new agent "hey, deal with this", therefore potentially uncovering the problem. No, the problem was only discovered now.

So my actual agent didn't know fuck all about the status of the job about my oven. After two weeks of me presuming that wheels were in motion. After a number of weeks of the same. So I've now not had a functional oven for a month and a half because my land agent can't pull their head out of their own ass.

*Le sigh*.

If the landlord decides to try and replace my giant oven instead of just spending the few hundred bucks on repairing it (especially if they try and replace it with a smaller, cheaper oven), then fuck everything.

Of course, at present, all I want to do is make things that go in the oven. Like bread and tuna mornay and cake and roast potatoes and suchlike.

So today rolled around. Like it does.

The supermarket have started pulling up some of the "stand here while ordering from the deli counter" stickers/tape/decals from the floor. I'm unsure how I feel about that.

I'm aiming for something approaching beef stew this week. I mean it's very much going to be "put beef and vegetables in a pot and cook until later" style of thing.

We did the shopping, had a completely useless checkout operator, and came back here.

From there we actually went out to Big W for the first time since... March? And we picked up Onward, the Disney Pixar movie that we should have gone to see in cinemas around the time of my birthday, before the end of the world. More on that later.

Then we took a trip to Spotlight, because Ma is kind of obsessed with knitting and/or crotchet right now. So she looked at wool again, I wandered aimlessly. And then we came back here, grabbed some lunch from the Village and sat down to watch Onward.

And that was that really.

Current mood:

No comments: