photo saturday: outlined adventures

dnd cubednd grell

dnd mimicdnd flumph
Wizards of the Coast, the company behind Dungeons and Dragons, have been releasing free content for a number of weeks now, so that people can either play at home or play from home using online tools. Which is great, and I love. Amongst the adventures they've also been releasing colouring pages "to download and complete by artists of all ages". And I've been downloading all of them.

And while I never really got into the whole "adult colouring" craze, with actual physical colouring with pencils, I do love digitally colouring things. So I did some colouring. Imperfect colouring in a number of cases, but enjoyable colouring.

All four of these are from the Dungeons and Dragons Adventures Outlined Coloring Book by Todd James. Clockwise, from the top left we have the all consuming gelatinous cube, the creepy grell, a bunch of sweet, harmless flumphs and a very hungry mimic.

In other events...

I made potato, leek and bacon soup this week... all blended up and what have you. Pretty decent too.

This week's DnD total count came to two. With an additional round of board gaming.

Monday's night's game with the Friday night crew was good. I may need to make some adjustments to the character design... not the stats or anything, just the personality traits, since the way I'm playing doesn't gel with the way I designed the personality... and the way I play very much depends on the personality of your DM also... or at least it does for me.

We finished the long, drawn out game on Wednesday night. And it's a module I love. But like I think I said last week, this might have been the wrong module for the wrong group at the wrong time. Like, I might have been able to play this with a different group online... or I might have been able to play it with this group if we were doing face-to-face games. Or a different adventure. I dunno.

Or maybe I'm in a mood in general, or that group specifically. Or who the hell knows what's going on right now.

Friday's game-to-be was deferred due to sickness of small child. So we played some board games instead and did a little bit of chatting, but not a huge amount. It was required... therapy?

In other news, the door to my oven will no longer close. It's been temperamental for a little while now, but on Friday, after I finished making roasted mushrooms for lunch, I opened the door to put the big oven tray back in and the door wouldn't shut.

Fuck, fuck, fuckkity fuck.

Hopefully my land agent/landlord actually gets off their proverbials and gets somebody out to take a look at it/fix it... because it's almost time that I can make bread again, and I want to make bread (and then share it with other people) goddamn it.

It also meant that everything that caught my eye at the supermarket today was oven based.

Because as soon as you tell me I can't have something, it makes me want it all the more. I'm peculiar like that.

As far as today is concerned, copy paste from the last several weeks honestly. The supermarket seemed less crowded honestly. And the shelves definitely had more things in them... things of the previously missing variety anyway.

We did the shopping thing, we came back here, we did the YubTubs thing... Ma made the very silly mistake of suggesting we head over to Haighs on the Saturday before Mother's Day during a pandemic. I mean we took a drive anyway. And then saw the line down the side of the building and didn't even really slow down before we legged it. Or wheeled it, because car.

Current mood:

No comments: