2020

2020... new year, new decade, same old me.

And for what it's worth, 2020 is also the International Year of Plant Health. So this year's HNY image comes from the very sweet Boys With Plants. Because surprisingly (or maybe not) boys and plants are very restful.

It's so weird that an arbitrary (if regular) point within the flight of this big dumb lump of rock around a ball of burning gas actually feels significant even when you don't imbue it with any real significance.

I desperately needed to go through my New Years Eve ritual of cleaning the apartment, as the hot weather meant that I really couldn't be bothered with that before yesterday. But I wasn't in any kind rush... so I cleaned the kitchen, changed my bedding, including rotating the mattress and throwing away two of my pillows because I haven't used four pillows for sleeping possibly at all this decade, put a new shower curtain up (because I happened to have one in the cupboard), and just generally made things tidy.

Then I made Thai Green Curry and settled in to watch movies. Specifically Missing Link, which is very sadly the first Laika movie that is just bad (uninteresting or dislikable characters, predictable narrative) followed by Avengers: Infinity War, which is fine, but much less enjoyable than Endgame was I think.

I finished just before midnight, discovered that Channel 9 were once again playing You Can't Stop The Music (I don't know why they play it basically every year, but I love that they do), watched about ten minutes of that until just after midnight and then gave up and went to bed.

And today I've done basically nothing except a little bit of printing and catching up on YouTube stuff.

So here we go... the twenty-twenties...

Current mood:

No comments: