circles

going around and around and around and around and around and...Well that was... okay, I wanted to say interesting, but I think the correct comment is actually "that was like being on a merry go round with blind monkeys... you end up going in circles covered in monkey poo and you're not quite sure why..."

Maybe the monkey poo thing is a vague exaggeration...

But it does kind of feel like I was going in circles.

This morning was fine... I was up for my walk at quarter to six (and actually made it out the door at like five to six)... was dressed and out the door in plenty of time to catch the bus, get into town and get to work, and still had enough time to make a slight detour to grab a bottle of water.

And for the record, the pants performed quite well... the high, horizontal pockets are a little annoying and the material is a tiny bit static-y... but overall I didn't feel like too much of a shlub.

The job was working on a floor I've worked on far too many times before (which I knew), with someone who's name I recognised, but who I didn't really know know... all good things. We went up to see my old boss first thing to get him to give me appropriate access amongst other things, so I got to have a nice natter with him and catch up on various and sundry bits of gossip, some of which may come in useful in the near future. Still good.

The work was pretty straightforward... not thrilling, but fairly easy and time consuming... still good. Part of the reason I was there was because the woman I was working for had tried to download these particular websites so they could be transferred to a new server blah blah blah insert stuffy technoweeniecrap here... but for whatever reason she thought that it didn't work. But that was the reason they hired me... still good.

Then I got to a certain point and realised that there was actually a copy of everything on the website downloadable (from the same website) as a file... so I asked what the deal was and what I should do about it... this was both a good thing and a bad thing...

Turns out that the downloaded version DID work perfectly well... albeit with a few minor glitches... so at around the halfway mark I actually did a complete 180 and ignored the stuff I'd been doing all morning and went in a whole other direction. Annoying but not so bad really.

I did however, managed to organise myself out of what could have been a much longer period of work... not so good. At least this time it wasn't on purpose.

Part of the problem is usually that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing within almost any government agency... sometimes the fingers on the same hand don't know what each other are doing...

To be honest it was actually a pretty good day... it did just feel like I'd been going around in circles for a while...

Current Mood:

No comments: