photo saturday: lavender wanderer

kellen shadowcloak - jeweller, wanderer, gentleman

Sometimes I like to go really left field from the implied archetype of a class. This week's DnD Character Colouring Book is one of those. And also another in the list of possible characters for the new 2024 rules.

Admittedly, I don't much care for what they did to the Ranger in the new rule set. Mostly because they attempted to improve the class by making a spell into a class feature, which I'm never a fan of. But I do like the way that Kellen turned out. And I do like a character almost entirely in purple.

He's also a jeweller... and his spellcasting focus is the brooch made to look like lavender. And the walking stick has a sword inside it.

Fey Wanderer Rangers can also cast the Summon Fey spell without a spell slot... And while I've played around with that spell before, on another purple-clad character...

peaseblossom, cobweb and moth - fey summons

Originally I was going somewhere else with this idea, but then I made one of these little friends and realised it would be fun if they were essentially either identical triplets (ala Snap, Crackle and Pop) or that it was the one fey who changed personality. But I also named them after three of the four fairies from Midsummer Night's Dream.

Anyway...

This week's soup wasn't anything major... just vegetable and rice with some chorizo... which made it pleasantly spicy without being too much.

There wasn't so much Mini Movie Reviews this week as there was Mini TV Series Review... two seasons of Westworld. As I mentioned last week, I was revisiting the first season to refresh my memory for the second... and I'm glad I did, because I really only remembered a couple of things from the end of that season.

The second season is... a strange animal. It does a thing with non-linear narrative that I'm not sure is completely necessary. Or, it doesn't do quite enough with it overall. There were some nice moments throughout though, even if there were certain characters I would happily see the back of. But, you know, narrative conflict and tension and whatnot.

I am interested to see where they go with the third and fourth seasons... which I will be mainlining this week.

Given that next week is my rental inspection, I took a little ride to dispose of the old TV and the busted vacuum cleaner. And given that a bunch of places only took TVs, I ended up at the Bunnings on South Road. It was nice to come home to not having a bunch of useless stuff taking up space.

I also crocheted Ma a ribbed scarf using some of the "make a granny square" yarn she got from Spotlight a while ago. And, I'll be honest, when I first saw that yarn my reaction was instantly to want to make something from it that that wasn't a granny square at all. And so, I got my wish. Personally I didn't like the colours of this particular yarn, but then the scarf came out really well. It was also relatively easy to do, since I've done a bunch of stuff in this ribbing stitch at this point.

Anyway...

Today was fairly standard Saturday... after the supermarket, I showed Ma the aforementioned scarf and when she was okay with the width of it, I sewed the two ends together to make infinity scarf. I'll be honest, that's always the weakest part for this... it really should be crocheted together, but I tried that too on mine and it just didn't work properly. It also didn't help that the yarn I ended up using to stitch it together was bright red, but I was stitching through areas that were not, in fact, bright red. But, you know, Ma didn't mind. And it's done now.

Afterwards, we did take a trip to Spotlight for the Looking At Things. And deciding not to buy more yarn because I absolutely do not need more, since I haven't used up the stuff I already have.

But that was it really.

No comments: