photo saturday: pointillism

lego pointillism megamindlego pointillism wazowski
This week was a whole lot less complicated. Which is good.

Also, I actually cooked this week... like during the week. The upside of that is that I didn't get tired of anything, the downside being that a) I had to cook and b) I find of forgot how bad I am at certain dishes. But overall it was all good.

DnD had it's moments this week... and I'm not sure they were all great. My Monday group finished the season of first tier modules I've been running for the last six weeks, and the last adventure was kind of open ended, but I'd also gotten them worked up enough during the previous five adventures that they took great delight in taking down the bad guys.

Now I just need to come up with some new modules for them to run before they level up to the higher tier stuff.

Wednesday a woman came back to DnD who hadn't been there for several weeks, which was great, unfortunately I didn't end up playing with her, which was unfortunate. But I did play my first tier 3 game which was kind of exciting, although the DM wasn't great, which was, again, unfortunate.

Thursday we were back to the game shop, instead of at someone's house... so that was... blah. And there weren't enough of us to fill out a table, so we had to take on randos, which is another thing I've enjoyed about not playing at the shop on Thursdays. One of them was fine, one less so (making matters worse, he was also on my table on Wednesday... and I just don't like him).

Friday was my chiro appointment, so I rugged myself up and headed into town.

And that was more or less my week really.

Today was, average.

I'm still going with the "not soup" plan for meals this week, although I kind of think that I didn't get enough stuff, so that might be interesting.

After shopping and whatnot, we headed into the city to go to the Colours of Impressionism: Masterpieces from the Musée d'Orsay exhibition at the Art Gallery. Basically French paintings from 1827 to 1927.

First off, we somehow managed to choose a day when a coach full of people showed up at the same time as us, so the whole thing was a little crowded. And some people have no idea how to move around a crowded gallery. So that aspect was a little frustrating.

I'm also going to say that there were maybe half a dozen pictures that I really liked, and a lot of those were the divisionist/neo-impressionist pieces. Not that the others were bad, I just didn't especially care for them.

It was a slightly trying excursion, but an interesting one.

Current Mood:

No comments: