photo friday: city ribbon

city ribbonThis is the newly refurbished Royal Institution of Australia... or more specifically, the electronic "ribbon" that wraps it's way around half of the building. I've been past it a couple of times this week... the first time there was a quote that mentioned skateboards...

I'm very glad it's finally Friday. This week just seemed to take a very long time... mostly because I didn't really have that much stuff on my plate, and that always makes time drag. Fortunately I was able to swoop in and be "Extremely Helpful Boy" not once, not twice, but three times today... so that's always good.

I had a bit of a fright this morning... I was tying the laces on my Chuck T's and there was this overly enthusiastic banging on my front door. I think I jumped about a foot in the air and had no idea who the hell it could be at 7:45 in the morning...

Turns out it was the nice Postman... and he was bringing me a parcel. I love getting parcels. I especially love getting parcels that only took a week to get here. I also love getting free things included when I buy things... even when I have no idea what the hell it's for or what I'm going to do with it...

As for what was in my parcel...

sometimes it's fun to overshare... although i don't think i'll be posting a product reviewWell, that would be telling *oversharing evil grin*...

And of course, even though I knew exactly what would be in the parcel, I had to open it and have a quick look before I went off to work.

At lunch I went wandering down to the Mall, even though it was a touch on the warm side (and will continue that way until Tuesday unfortunately... I really hate Summer... although the weather has cooled down tonight which is good)... dropped into JayJays on the hunt for Spongebob Squarepants underwear... which they didn't have. But I did walk out with a double pack of Nightmare Before Christmas boxerbriefs (which I didn't necessarily need, but they were reasonably good value). The downside is that they have the underwear on display behind the counter, so you can't look through it properly *grrrr*.

Since I'd mentioned to the Ginga Ninja a couple of weeks ago about getting a copy of The Velveteen Rabbit for one of the women in our extended team who's leaving to have a baby... and unlike last time they actually had the orginal version (complete with original illustrations) in stock, so I bought it on the spot. Sadly Toys R Us didn't have the cute little bunnies they had last time... so I'm now officially on a Bunny Hunt.

On the way back to work I also discovered that one of the Health Partner stores gives out free fruit on a Friday... there's this tray of it attached to the front of the store with a big sign saying "Please take one". I took a banana. And I'll be going back next Friday.

And thanks to Sugarmonkey I now have the entire second season of True Blood to watch... so I think I'll head off and do just that...

Current Mood:

No comments: